- School starts at 8.50am and ends at 3.00pm
- Students should be at school by 8.30am to organise themselves for the day
- HE PIHINGA (Year 1-3)
Class names are: Kowhai/Pohutukawa/Nikau
- TE ARA POUTAMA (Year 4-6)
Class names are: Te Tuari/Te Aronui
- NGA RANGATIRA (Years 7 and 8)
Class names are: Nga Amokura/Nga Manukura
- Stationery lists are available from your child's teacher or the office
- We encourage our parents to take advantage of stationery sales from retailers
- NZ Uniforms supply our school uniforms
- Uniforms can be purchased on-line or from their premises situated at:
Unit 20/5 Lambie Drive, Manukau, Auckland, 2104.
- There email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There website is www.nzuniforms.com and their phone number is 09 950 6747
- Store Hours: Weekdays 9am - 5pm, Saturday 9am - 1 pm.
- Parents can choose between red, gold or green polo shirts. PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL CLOTHING IS CLEARLY NAMED.
Stay in contact
- Download our free School Mobile App for your mobile phone
- This has general school information and also receives updates for events at school
You can also access our contact details on the Contact Us page.
To Enrol your child at our school:
- Complete our enrolment form. Please contact us to get this. Please note that we do have a zone policy in place.
- We will need copies of the following:
- Your child's birth certificate or passport
- If you are not a New Zealand citizen we must have a copy of the Visa from your passport. (Some non-residential enrolments may need approval from the Ministry of Education)
- Proof that you live in our school zone (utility account, tenancy agreement, etc)
- All new enrolments are interviewed with their parents/caregivers. This is an information gathering exercise to ensure we get the best class placement for your child
- Please note that this process may take place a day or two before your child can start in their new class. Please plan ahead, so that you are not disappointed on the day you expect your child to start.
School Zone - Our school encompasses the following:
Robertson Road (1-78)
Walmsley Road (even number's only)
8.50am School day starts. Students MUST be seated in class by this bell.
10.50am First bell to eat morning tea. Students will eat in their classrooms.
11am Second bell. Students may go out to play.
11.30am End of morning tea.
1pm First bell to eat lunch. Students will eat in their classrooms.
1.10pm Second bell. Students may go out to play.
1.40pm End of lunch.
3pm School day ends.
Please note: on the last day of each term, school finishes at 1.30pm.
We encourage healthy eating at Koru School, so all students are expected to bring a healthy lunch to school. Any large bags of chips or fizzy drinks will be confiscated until the end of day. We are a 'Water only' school. Each child receives a free piece of fruit and milk every day. We also have a tuckshop where children can order their lunches BEFORE SCHOOL ONLY.
School uniform is compulsory at Koru School. We do not expect students to start school in their uniforms but they will need to be in uniform within 2 weeks of starting. Uniforms can be ordered at NZ Uniforms only. Their phone number is 0800 698 643.
Parents can choose between red, gold or green polo shirts. Please make sure all clothing is clearly named.
Stationery and School Donation
Koru School does not sell stationery. The School Donation is $10 per student per year and is to be paid at the school office.
Absent, Late, or Leaving Early
If your child is going to be absent, you must contact the school as soon as possible (a text is fine) or your child will be marked as truant and a truancy officer may be sent to the home. Your child will be marked as truant on the school roll if we do not hear from you. If your child is late to school, please ensure that they sign in at the office and collect a Late Pass, otherwise they will be marked as absent. If you are picking up your child early from school, please sign your child out at the office and collect an Early Release Pass. Your child will not be allowed to leave their classroom without a pass.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school. We are always happy to help!